A roundup of recommended reading.
- Mamas, don’t let your daughters grow up to be Disney Stars. (via The Evangelista)
- Slate tackles the “Friend Zone”.
All this demonstrates what Jane Austen was trying to tell us 200 years ago: Sometimes it doesn’t pay to let a guy down easy. Many a woman has uttered the phrase “Let’s just be friends” on the theory that something a little more direct would result in an angry reaction.
- An economist’s tackles the stay-at-home mom set-up: Because It’s Easier on Everyone.
- An Evangelical scholar blasts a “Christian” dating site:
ChristianMingle.com doesn’t elevate dating to holy heights by bringing God into the picture. It belittles God because it uses him to try to baptize what amounts to an online version of The Bachelor.
The whole concept of God taking time out from his busy schedule to match you with the that one perfect person for you is no different from athletes actually expecting God to intervene so they can win.
- Fr. Jonathan on Why we fast
We fast simply because we are homesick for Paradise, and we just want to go back home.